Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Daughter is a Squirrel

My daughter is a squirrel.

Katelee loves to create little stashes of treasures here and there in hidden places around the house. I moved a chair today and found a pile of sparkly beads underneath. I pulled a blanket out from under her bed and discovered a stash of jewelry - some of it mine! I find little piles of candies (or sometime just the wrappers!) underneath the couch or behind her doll house. Today she even hid my car keys underneath the couch - I was so mad when I finally found them! I bet at any given time she has at least a dozen little pockets of treasures hidden. Is this normal behavior?
________

My daughter is a flamingo.

Or at least a flamingo-in-training. This is how one of our conversations went yesterday.

Me: Katelee, could you come here?
Katelee: I can't mom! I'm practicing!
M: Practicing what?
K: I'm busy practicing, Mom!
At this point I walked into the other room to find this:


Katelee: (In a completely dead-serious voice.) Mom, I'm practicing standing like a flamingo. I'm busy right now.

And then she went back to her diligent practice.
________

My daughter is a songbird.

Seriously, Katelee sings all the time. I love this about her. She sings at home, she sings in the car, she sings (VERY LOUDLY) throughout her long showers, she sings on the toilet, she sings . . . well, just about everywhere.

Tonight we were at the library. Katelee needed to use the bathroom. I watched her go into the children's room and lock the private bathroom door behind her. She knew I was going to be looking at movies in the adult section of the library - a spot quite a distance from the children's room bathroom, but still within sight. Within minutes of her going into the restroom, I heard singing. LOUD singing. Happy, lovely, cheerful little-girl-singing. Coming from the bathroom. People around me (remember - I was standing in the adult section of the library!) began to grin and glance around. Finally I had to go tap on the door and remind her this was the library! She joined me soon afterwards. She was bouncing around and doing a wiggly little dance. "I think my underwear are on wrong!" she announced loudly to anyone within 10 yards. The man browsing the movies next to me couldn't hold it any longer and started to laugh aloud - leaving the aisle to try to hide his laughter.
________

My daughter is a fish.

She swam all the way across the pool on her own today! Both on her back and then forward and underwater. Happy day!
________

My daughter is a love bug! My love bug. I love her so much. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! She is so fun! I love her and miss her! Thanks Jenn for documenting all these memories. Love you and miss you, too.

    ReplyDelete