Thursday, March 8, 2012

Opening Presents

These are the last photos of Katelee's birthday. :) Friday night we went to McDonald's for dinner (Katelee's choice) and came home for presents and some ice cream.
And Katelee picked out this helmet and scarf. By the way, a scarf was the only thing she specifically asked for for her birthday! ;)Katelee loved the Belle gloves, jewelry and crown from Grandma Thurston.And the hula hoop from Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds.Oh, and here are a few adorable pics of Blake enjoying the fun, too. :)My personal favorite gift was this Mom & Me Journal. My friend gave me this idea and told me how she has been doing this with her daughter for 7 years now - what an amazing thing to share! In this picture, Katelee is reading the letter I wrote inside. Dear Katelee,

Today you turn six years old! It doesn't seem that long since the day you were born, and we first saw your beautiful face. Daddy and I had longed for you to come - for years! - and you were finally here. And more precious and beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Since that day, you have been one of the greatest joys and blessings of our lives. Oh, how we love you! We are so happy and proud to see the lovely, intelligent, good and caring little girl you have become and the amazing young woman you will become.

This notebook is a "Me and Mom" Journal. Let's use it to write private notes back and forth to one another. We can ask each other questions, tell about our experiences, or just express love to one another. We will take turns. When you are done writing in it, hide it under my pillow so I can find it! When I write in it, I will hide it under your pillow to find.

I am excited to share this special journal with you, my darling girl. I love you so much Katelee!

xoxox,

Mom

Today, I found the journal under my pillow for the first time, with a sweet response written in it. It made my whole day! ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet idea and a fun way to open communication! love it I may need to try this with my munchkins

    ReplyDelete