Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tender Moments

Lately I've experienced few tender moments I would like to record before I forget.
Tonight, Katelee taught our Family Home Evening lesson. She chose to teach about our living prophet, President Monson. She taught it directly to Blake. Speaking in her 'baby' voice she showed Blake a picture of President Monson and gave a lesson and shared her testimony about prophets. Blake watched mesmerized and wide-eyed. The spirit was strong. Is there anything sweeter than watching your children teach each other truth?A couple of mornings ago, Blake was hanging out in his saucer with Gerald in the bathroom while Gerald was getting ready for the day. I could hear them talking. Gerald was explaining shaving to Blake. It was super sweet, he was showing him his razor and explaining how to shave. Blake was loving every second of the attention, and babbling back to Gerald in his baby voice. I love that my children have such a wonderful father.
Almost a month ago now, I was holding Blake while sitting on Katelee's bed. Blake was fussy. He wasn't interested in the toys or books I was trying to entertain him with. On a whim, I picked up the framed picture of my dad that sits on Katelee's headboard and held it in front of Blake's face. Blake's mood changed instantly; he went from fussing and crying to literally laughing out loud! He began laughing and cooing and babbling at the picture. I was so shocked at the sudden transformation, I called to Gerald to come and see and then I sat there and held Blake and cried. I have no doubt that Blake knew exactly who his Grandma Thurston was, and he loved him and was excited to see his face. We do have angels around us, and the veil is thinner for these sweet little babies than we sometimes realize.
I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment