Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why I Haven't Blogged a Lot This Week

I've been dealing with THIS.
On Saturday, we were in a car accident. We were all in the car, but everyone is just fine. Thanks goodness for car seats. I was driving. :( I did rear end someone, but the police officer was super nice and told me he probably would have done the exact same thing in this situation. I didn't get a ticket. (Sigh of relief.) We are grateful that it wasn't any worse than it was.
But I am sad for my little car. This car has the worst paint job ever, and the car door handle was broken so you couldn't get out if you were sitting in the passenger seat, and the interior lights didn't work, and so on and so forth, but this car was also TRUSTY. We felt like it was going to run forever. We've never had to do anything other than routine maintenance on this car, and it was rather abused, but it just kept going and going and going... It's taken us on some very long road trips, and around town for years, and we planned to have this little car get us through grad school and them some. We even told Katelee this is the car she could drive when she was a teenager. :) So, I'm sad that it has been totaled. I've been wanting a larger and newer vehicle, but I wanted it when I could afford it. Now we'll just be getting another little old car to get us by for now. Good-bye to our loyal little Corolla. They are going to tow you away today, and we will miss you!

1 comment: