Friday, February 5, 2010

My Family is Here!

My parents and brother arrived Wednesday evening, much to our excitement and joy! I feel so blessed that we happen to be living in Denver right now that that this is where my dad is going to have his transplant. You'll never convince me that it is a coincidence. Yesterday was the final day of 'testing' to make sure my brother is good to be the donor, and everything looks good to go next week! Hooray!

Gerald and Katelee didn't have the best timing, though, when it comes to my family arriving. Wednesday evening when my parents were arriving, Gerald was still at school working hard on a huge project due on Thursday. In the end he ended up working on it all night long, without even an hour to nap. He got it done in time (barely), but said at least he wasn't alone...practically the entire class stayed all night to get the project done in time - crazy. That's all I have to say. Crazy. So Gerald went to class all day Thursday and finally returned home about 24 hours after my family arrived, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. Poor guy.

And this morning Katelee woke up late. When she walked out into the family room she looked at me and said, "My stomach hurts." She threw up a couple of minutes later and has been unfortunately throwing up all morning. Poor thing! Just the other day I was telling my sister that Katelee never throws up and that I can't remember her throwing up in a long, long time. So, I guess I cursed myself! ;) We are keeping her confined to her room where she is content to be, because it would be particularly bad if anyone else got sick! But she has had no fever and is actually acting like she feels much better right now. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Tomorrow my little sister flies in, and I can't wait to see her and give her a huge hug! It's so wonderful to have my family around.

3 comments:

  1. Family is WONDERFUL!! I'm so glad you get to spend time with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm glad that you get to see them. And especially good luck to your dad and brother!! Keep us posted how everything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you and your family to know that are thoughts and prayers are with you today! I hope everything goes well! Let us know!

    ReplyDelete