Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surgery

My dad and brother went in for surgery about 7:30 a.m. this morning. I have come down with a stomach bug, so I'm not able to be there at the hospital with my family, which is a major bummer. :( But my mom and sister are keeping me well updated. Thanks to everyone for your prayers, and I'll keep you updated here on how everything goes!

10:30 a.m. - Tyler has been out of surgery for almost an hour now. Everything went fine. The kidney looked great! My mom should be able to go and see him soon.

11:20 a.m. - Tyler talked to my mom and Brittany; he's awake and doing fine. He says his stomach and his abs hurt - I'm sure that is to be expected. My dad is now also out of surgery. The doctor said everything went well and hopefully my mom will be able to see him soon!

2:00 p.m. - I just talked to my dad. He is tired, of course, but sounded surprisingly great considering everything! Tyler is also doing well, though he seems to be in a bit more pain, poor guy.
6:30 p.m. - I talked to both my brother and my dad just now; they are both doing okay, though of course they are both in some pain.
9: 30 p.m. - My mom's on the way here. My brother and dad are both settled for the night. I am glad that this day is here and gone and that everything went well today! Now I am just praying that they both have a quick recovery.

4 comments:

  1. The stomach flu...YUK!!! I'm sorry you're sick (I can TRULY empathize with a yucky tummy), but I'm glad all is going well with the surgeries!! Don't worry about checking on me, there will be plenty of time for that later. Right now it's about your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are not feeling well! Sounds like you guys have jum,ped two hurdles. I hope that the coming days and months go smoothly. How long do your parents anticipate staying? Thank you for sharing and keeping us upadated. I was thinking of you this morning as I got ready for the day. My testimony was strengthened through your example and how abuntantly aware our Heavenly Father is of us. It truly amazes me how through listening to simple promptings by the Spirit, great miracles are orchestrated. Miss you, and hope you feel better soon!
    p.s. Brandon and I flew over the South end of Denver las week. I looked out the window and wondered where Highlands Ranch was, and waved to you, hopefully in the right direction. Did you see me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hero! I love your brother. Our thoughts and prayers have been with them all day. Happy to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're sick, but I'm glad everything went well with your family!

    ReplyDelete