Wednesday, December 8, 2010

24 Days of Christmas - Day 8

Carol: Mary's Lullaby, Children's Songbook pg. 44

Scripture
: Luke 1:30-31 And the angel said unto her, Fear not Mary; for thou hast found favor with God. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

Story: Keeping Baby Warm by Lynda H. Laughlin

It was an inexpensive dime-store Nativity set, and he was only three years old. His back
was toward me, but I could see that his chubby little hands were busily working on
something at the old table.

“What are you doing?” I asked him impatiently, annoyed at him for touching the decorations after he had been told not to.

As I started toward the scene of his latest mischief, he turned toward me with wide blue
eyes filling and a single tear starting down his cherubic cheek. Then I saw it. A carefully folded tissue had been tenderly placed over the small ceramic infant.

“Baby Jesus was cold, Mommy,” he whispered.

Ten years have passed, and the tiny Nativity has been replaced by a much larger one. But
this year, as every year, I found a carefully folded tissue covering the baby Jesus. I think I know who did it, and I hope he never stops.

Recipe: Cathedral Windows.

These look so pretty!

6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cube margarine or butter
3 c. - 1 package of colored mini marshmallows
3/4 c. chopped nuts (optional)
graham crackers

Melt the chocolate chips and butter. Cool until you can add the marshmallows without melting them. Add nuts if desired and stir all together. Roll into a log on wax paper. Remove wax paper and sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top. Chill and then cut into slices. Each individual slice will look like a pretty cathedral window.

No comments:

Post a Comment