Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feeling Like Home

I had a startling realization yesterday.

Highlands Ranch is beginning to feel like home.

Yesterday I ran several spontaneous errands after dropping Gerald off at the train, and then in the evening I had reason to run by several ward member's homes, and I didn't have to look up anything on mapquest! You might laugh, but that's huge to me!

A few times in the last few weeks I've had a chance to sit and visit with friends; just a night of girl-talk. I've missed that a lot. That was also huge to me.

Sitting in Relief Society on Sunday, I discovered that I actually knew almost everybody's name! A big difference from when I only knew about 2 names in the room. :)

And then I found out yesterday that a Cafe Rio opened here in Denver! HOORAY! A mom of one of my sweet preschool music class students gave us two coupons for free meals there, and I cannot wait to use them!

The feeling of being a visiting stranger is still present sometimes, but I'm definitely beginning to feel more at home here.

3 comments:

  1. go check this out
    http://www.cricut.com/cricutcake/default.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for feeling more at home! I'm starting to feel that way in my ward too. Isn't it nice?

    ReplyDelete