Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Curtains

I never put curtains up in my old house, until my real estate agent came in and fixed up the house a little. She hung up curtains, and I realized what a HUGE difference it made! So I have been slowly adding curtains to my new apartment. My favorite thing about curtains is the way they can add big color to a room.

While at JoAnne's the other day, I found a strip of fabric on the 'red tag' dirt cheap sale rack that I fell in love with! I decided to use it to make a valance for some curtains in my piano/office room. This is how they turned out.
This fabric really makes me happy.
(Melissa, is this the same as the fabric for your curtains in your kitchen?)
While I was at it, I decided to make some adjustments to my kitchen curtains.
When I initially made them I didn't line them, and that has been bothering me since. So I used more of the tan fabric (used above) to line the back of my kitchen curtains. You can see the difference below:

The right one is lined, the left one isn't in this picture.
I love them so much more now. They aren't completely see-through now and they look so much better from the outside and a lot less 'homemade.'
The only room I haven't curtained yet is Katelee's, mostly because I cannot make a decision about the style of curtains I want to have. Any one have a good idea for cute girly curtains that also can cover the entire window to keep out the cold and light when needed?

2 comments:

  1. those are really cute. curtains make a huge difference I think too. I have no curtains here cuz we are renting and it is so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great!! Someday, when I kick this yuckiness, we need to have another sewing night. My mother-in-law will be so excited to see what I make with the sewing machine she got me!!

    ReplyDelete