Friday, January 22, 2010

News

It's been a crazy, exciting, and emotional couple of days.

Yesterday morning we received news that Gerald got a small scholarship to help us pay this semester's tuition! Isn't he awesome?! I'm so proud of him and his great grades; he even made the 'dean's list' for last term.

Yesterday I also attended the adoption meeting that I was anxiously waiting for, got my paperwork to fill out (the size of a book; I'm not kidding!) and learned what we needed to to get the whole thing officially going. It was exciting and hard all at the same time. And my heart was only halfway there, because in my heart of hearts, I believed and hoped I was pregnant.

I've had all the symptoms, and some recent events and medications prompted my doctor to tell me I had a better chance than usual of getting pregnant. When I told my doctor what I was feeling, she responded very positively and told me to come in for a blood test.

Then this morning I got a phone call from my sister with AWESOME news! My brother was officially okayed to be my dad's kidney donor! And the transplant has been scheduled for only a couple short weeks away! We are so excited! We all did a happy dance around the apartment! I am soooo happy for my dad and soooo excited that my family is coming here! I cannot wait!

A couple of hours after that my doctor called to tell me the results of the pregnancy test were negative. You would think I would be used to that answer by now, but I am heartbroken. I was more sure than I had ever been before. In my head this was the final try - I am now resigned to the fact that my next child will come to our family through adoption. I feel excited and a little resentful, happy and sad, upset and giddy and nervous all at the same time now that it's officially time to pay the money and start digging through the paperwork pile.

I also heard from my little sister this afternoon, and she is flying out from Idaho when my parents first come out! I cannot WAIT to see her, too! It made my day; we are going to have so much fun together!

Isn't life funny? You can go through days and days of the same old routine, and then suddenly experience a couple of days filled with all sorts of excitement. The last few days definitely fit into that category.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh Jennifer,
    What a roller coaster. I'm so glad that most of the news was good. And I'm so so sorry for the frusterating and heartbreaking news about not being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I am so happy for your family. I hope all goes well and we wil contiue to pray for him and Tyler and the rest of your family. You guys are so awesome. You will have so much fun seeing your. I am so sorry about your heartache. It makes me sad and brings tears to my eyes knowing what you are going through. I hope the adoption works out well for you! love ya tons

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news for your family. I am glad you will have your sister there with you as well. You will have a very full house!!! I hope that the surgeries go well and that your dad can return to some sense of normalcy soon. As for your other news, I wish I could give you a big hug right now! What a great mother you will be to a sweet little spirit who needs YOU to step in and do the job! Love you and thinking of you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the adoption paperwork pile, my parents would probably say that if a couple of "fossils" like them can do it, then you can, too. :) Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I read about you going through the adoption process I think of my husband and I get excited for you to be able to experience adoption. Whenever I hear about Ty's adoption story I am just in awe of how he came to be in his family. There was definately Heavenly Father's hand in placing him with his parents. Tyler is so grateful for them, not his incubator and sperm donor, and he knows that he was suppossed to be with them. I'm just really excited to see who's meant to be in your wonderful family. It will definately be someone special. Good luck with your dad and your sister! I wish you guys all the best.

    ReplyDelete