Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Love Primary!

Katelee reached a big milestone this week.

She graduated from nursery to PRIMARY!

I can't believe my little baby is big enough to be in primary.  And then again, I guess I can believe it.  She looked soooo big in nursery lately.

Katelee loved nursery, so I was worried about this transition.  We were out of town last week, so technically she attended her first week of Primary in our old ward in Lehi.  While we were out of town, we also missed the 'meet your new teacher' activity.  So yesterday, in hopes of easing the transition, we made plans to go over to Katelee's new primary teacher's house to meet her.  

Katelee wanted to make her teacher a treat.  I suggested cookies or rice krispie treats.

But Katelee insisted her teacher would want brownies.

Here is a picture of Katelee making the brownies for her new teacher.

A picture of Katelee all ready to deliver the brownies.
Katelee's new teacher, Sister Crellin, is wonderful.  I cannot say enough good about her already.  Katelee loved meeting her!  As a parent, I am gaining a whole new appreciation for good teachers.

Here is Katelee this morning with her new Book of Mormon and Dad's old scripture case, all ready to go to church and her first week of big-girl primary.
Our new church time is 11:00 (the best time ever!), and so part of me feels like our ward is going to meet the 'real' Katelee for the first time.  Before, we were taking a tired and cranky Katelee to church each week.  I knew she was just grumpy from being woken up too early, but the other ward members didn't know that.  Today Katelee was like a new person in church.  I tell you, sleep is essential to Katelee's happiness.  (Mine, too, actually!)

When we picked her up after primary today, Katelee was bubbling over with excitement to tell us all about the happy things she did in class.  She told us about Joseph Smith and showed us the creative things she made as part of the lesson.  She loves the other girls in her class, she loves her teacher, and she loves primary.  

Hooray!

4 comments:

  1. It was fun chatting at church last Sunday. It was so good to see you and Gerald too!! Glad to hear all is going well, and we are excited about your adoption process. We hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Katelee has quite a lucky teacher! Glad to hear the transition to primary went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so crazy that she's in primary. I still remember her in our nursery class, and she was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good primary teachers are the best. I am glad she loves it. I love reading your blog. I am so glad you had such a good trip it looks like you guys did a ton of fun things. I wish we could get together sometime and hang out!!!

    ReplyDelete