Monday, August 10, 2009

20 Things

10 Things I've Done Since My Last Post

1.  Attempted to fit everything we own in the small-ish moving van we rented because we were too cheap to pay for the big one.  Failed.  Ended up sending a bunch of stuff to store at Gerald's mom's house (sad) and the rest fit in the back of my dad's pick-up truck.  Wow, a thousand thanks to both our parents for saving our lives on that one.

2. Drove 10 hours to Denver, following Gerald in the moving van.  We did alright until we hit the mountains the last 60 miles before Denver.  The moving van just couldn't quite handle it, so we had to turn on our flashers and go about 40 miles an hour.  But we made it safely!

3.  Waged war on the ants that were already living in my apartment kitchen.  Other than that, however, we really like the apartment.

4. Put together Katelee's new room, including her new big-girl bed!  She loves it and sleeps perfectly in it; no falling out so far.  Of course, she is three and a half, so that probably makes a difference.

5.  Put 275 piano fliers on doorknobs and several large fliers at local businesses.  Now I'm just hoping, hoping, hoping people will call.

6. Lost my car in the grocery store parking lot momentarily because it had Colorado license plates on it and I didn't recognize it.  It's just weird.

7.  Met many very, very nice people and neighbors.  Katelee has already made about 10 new best friends - oh, the relief!

8. Attended our new ward.  Wow.  We are so lucky; this is one of the friendliest new wards I have ever moved into.  We probably met between 30 and 50 people on Sunday who came up to us and introduced themselves.  I don't remember anybody's name, but I'll learn. :)

9. Drove around, started to become familiar with the area, got slightly lost a few times . . .

10. Set up house.  Seriously, if my parents weren't here we would still be using moving boxes for our kitchen table and digging dirty clothes out of suitcases.  My mom has single-handedly put together more than half my apartment.  We owe them so much for all their help and for being willing to drive their truck out here (which wasn't originally in the plans).  We are so blessed to have such amazing parents.

10 Things I Plan to Do Before my Next Post

1. Drive back to Utah with my parents, tomorrow.

2. Visit my friend Kara and hopefully see her new baby that is supposed to be coming tomorrow!  

3. Make a wedding cake!  Okay, so the cake is already baked and frozen, but I do have to thaw it, make all the fondant, and decorate the cake.  That takes longer than the baking, believe me.

4. Pick up Gerald from the airport. (Lucky him!)

5.  Attend the wedding; I can't wait!

6. Have a mini family reunion with the Reynolds.  It's been awhile since we've all seen each other so I am really looking forward to seeing everyone!

7.  Take some pictures - wow, my camera has been sadly neglected these past several weeks.  It's about time to put some pictures back on this blog!

8. Try to find some time to visit other Utah friends for a minute. 

9. Drive back to Utah with our other car.

10. Collapse from exhaustion and sleep for a week!  ;)  

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh how we love and miss you guys!!! It was great to hear your voice today! See you on Wednesday?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be glad for you when it's all over! I'm glad things are good there so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're in a great ward! Friendly people are great when you're in a new place. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a major ant problem in our apartment here at Wymount when we moved in. We went to Home Depot and got these ant traps that the ants take the poison back home and it kills the queen ant and the whole colony. On the package it says to replace them every six months but we only bought them once and now no longer have them but we have not seen any ants this year. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything! I hope you get some good piano students soon. By the way, Jennifer, I love reading your blog and look forward to your frequent updates. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it to CO safely & best wishes for making it through the rest of your upcoming whirlwind days. :)

    ReplyDelete