Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kindnesses

I have finished most of my good-byes and I have been reflecting on the many, many, many acts of kindness that have come our way during the past month or more, and thought they were worth recording:
  • homemade cookies
  • help moving and cleaning my house
  • use of other people's spaces - kitchens to bake in, places to sleep, space to store our stuff
  • hugs and 'I'll miss you's'
  • time - so many people have taken time out of their busy lives to spend time with us
  • delicious homemade dinners
  • my friend taking care of my house plants
  • smiles
  • cards and notes
  • a small army of men to help move the piano
  • errands run for me
  • babysitting help
  • my parents coming to Denver with us
  • small gifts for Katelee
  • expressions of love
  • much, much more

We leave for Denver first thing tomorrow morning. I will be there for only four days before I rush back to finish the wedding cake. Gerald will fly back for the wedding and after those five days in Utah, we will return to Denver. Then maybe life can start to settle down a little.

Then again, maybe not! ;) There's always something else to do, right? That's what makes life interesting.

3 comments:

  1. We drove past you old exit yesterday...we miss you already and look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I wanted to tell you, the other night when I said goodbye I told you it was awkward to hang out with all my old high school friends when I was in Colorado and I realized later that it might have sounded like I was saying it would be awkward with us. I was actually just trying to say that it was weird seeing them so I usually have nothing to do when I'm out there and my mom is working, so I would have plenty of time to hang out with you! I realized later that it probably came out totally wrong! Anyway I definitely look forward to seeing you when we are out there and we'll miss seeing you here!

    ReplyDelete