Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Wedding Cake

We got home tonight from Utah.  Home!!  Ah, it's been awhile since I could use that word.  It's good to be home.  I have about a million things to post about and a million stories to tell, but I'm tired and it's late.  So, I will probably be posting pictures and stories from the weekend in Utah for the next week.  

However, since lots of you have asked to see pictures of the cake, I will post a couple of pictures of that tonight.

This is what I wrote on my cake website about it:  I really love the look of the square layer wedding cakes! This cake looked very elegant in the beautiful old-fashioned reception hall. The top layer is carrot cake with vanilla frosting. The middle layer is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. And the bottom layer is almond butter cake with almond frosting. The entire cake was covered in marshmallow fondant and decorated with a dark chocolate frosting.
I think it turned out nicely, although I am always disappointed that it's not more perfect, especially for a wedding.  But I think Geoff and Bonnie liked it, and that's all that matters!  I had a few issues, including the chocolate  middle layer being so moist I was afraid it was going to fall apart (it didn't), some difficulty placing the extraordinarily heavy layers on each other, and some pesky air bubbles underneath the fondant that popped out occasionally.  Sheesh, there really are too many things to worry about with a wedding cake!  But I'm glad it turned out as well as it did, and I am happy to have it done. :)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Thanks for posting. I have been excited to see what it would look like...it is beautiful. I think you can claim to be a pro now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great. I really want to eat it right now!

    ReplyDelete