Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girl Band

Last week we babysat our friends' three girls. Katelee was thrilled to have them over to play. They were playing in Katelee's room, and I could overhear their conversation. They were all wanting to play Katelee's Barbie guitar; then they began discussing having a band. They turned off the lights (because for some reason a band performs in the dark) and were situating themselves when one of the girls came and asked me, "Do you have any more instruments?"

Do I have any more instruments?!? Our house is full of instruments!

So, we got out the keyboard, the drum, and a bucket of rhythm instruments for the girls, and set up their 'stage' in the family room. They had a ball! (The baby loved the maracas.)  They sang and performed for us most of the night, and insisted on performing for their parents when they arrived, too.

This brought back fun memories of me and my sister and cousins making up dances or other performances when we were around that age. So fun! So, here is one of their 'top hits' for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those girls are just adorable, I must admit to being particularly fond of the two on the left :)

    ReplyDelete