Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Under the Sea

Last week, a lady in my ward asked me to decorate the cupcakes for her son's 10th birthday party.  When asked for a theme, she told me that her son was getting his scuba diving license for his birthday - something he was thrilled about!  I thought and thought about how to fit a scuba diving theme on a small cupcake, but couldn't figure it out.  So I made my first cupcake cake.  Do you read Cake Wrecks?  If you don't, you should.  Seriously.  Anyway, reading that blog has really made me anti-cupcake cakes (CCC's), for good reason.   Still, I think this turned out alright, and it definitely fit the theme for the birthday!  My personal favorite part are the little white shells on the sea floor and the green seaweed.

5 comments:

  1. I personally like the little school of orange fish! Looks great, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVVVE IT!!! and as you know, i am a die hard cake wreck reader! Can I send it in to cake wrecks to show them how awesome it is!?!? I am with Lisa, the school of orange fish is just way to cute! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a cake wrecks reader, and I love your ccc. I love your coral and seaweed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooooooooo talented!! I'm way impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how talented you are with those beautiful cakes! We miss you guys too and wish you were closer, but we know the importance of what you are doing! Kaylee is getting so tall and looking so big, she cracks me up with all of her 'sleeping places.' We hope you are all doing well, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete