Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Turkey

Monday night for family night, we made a thankful turkey.  I really love him!  He makes me smile every time I look at him.  Gerald, Katelee and I took turns naming something we were grateful for and writing it on the turkey's feathers.  Here is our list, in no particular order.  Can you tell who named which things?

friends
family home evening
mommy loves me
grandmas & grandpas
scriptures
hot cocoa
my toys
Jesus
mommy & daddy
Denver
parties
candy
modern appliances
The Denver Transplant Center
food
school
long, warm showers
holidays
books 
my blue sunday dress
sunshine 
our new ward
music
snow days
Katelee
Gerald
Jennifer
prayer
Lehi
time when Gerald is home
bed 
computers
car
Heavenly Father
clothes 
the temple

It's good to sometimes list the things you are grateful for; once you get started you realize that you could go on forever . . . we are so blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea! The turkey reminds me of the turkey calendar we made when we were in seminary for the calendar wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I looooove it! We'll have to do that this month! How did you make the turkey? Free hand it? You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete