Monday, November 23, 2009

A Recommended Purchase

Today I finally made a purchase that I have thought about making forEVER.  

It was inexpensive, useful, and helped solve a very real problem in my life.

Here is the problem:
No matter how I try, I can NOT keep up with the overflowing grocery sack problem in my house.  I use them for bathroom and office trash cans, Gerald uses them to take his lunch to school in, etc.  But we always have grocery sacks coming out of our ears!!!  I feel a lot of guilt about throwing them away; I used to recycle them when I lived in Lehi, but the recycling program here in my apartment complex leaves a lot to be desired.  So, to make a long story short, I FINALLY got around to buying some of these:

And, after using them once, I am officially in love.  I bought 5 bags for $4, and (packed carefully) my entire week's groceries fit nicely in the five bags.  And guess what else?  I could literally carry twice the amount of groceries into my house in one trip with these!  I also feel that my groceries arrived home in better shape than usual - no cans rolled around my trunk, my bread wasn't crushed, my produce wasn't bruised, and no plastic bags split in half and dumped my cereal boxes onto the sidewalk (a recent experience I had).  Not to mention the positive effects for the environment.  

All that for only $4 - I only wonder why I didn't buy them sooner.

If you are like me and have been sitting on the fence for a long time about buying some of these bags, I totally recommend that you take the plunge!

1 comment:

  1. I have been using mine for half a year and I still haven't run out of plastic bags. I love them.

    ReplyDelete