Monday, November 9, 2009

Silly Sleeper

Katelee has had a few silly sleeping incidents lately!  

About 3 weeks ago, I put Katelee down for nap.  After awhile, I went into her room to check on her.  I couldn't see her anywhere, but I could hear her snoring!  I finally located the source of the snoring - under her bed!  She had built herself a little nest of blankets and was sound asleep!  What a silly girl!
Another funny habit that I have seen her do a few times in the past few months is she'll take her pillow and put it over her head and then fall asleep.  It was dark, and Gerald and I are quiet, so it's not like she needs to block out the sound or light . . . maybe this 'burrowing' makes her feel safe?
The final episode took place last Thursday afternoon, and it really scared me!  I was teaching piano lessons, and unfortunately, Katelee was having one of those rare days when she isn't going to sleep well.  I could tell she was soooo tired, and she really needed her sleep.  I couldn't take the time to stay in her room and help her fall asleep because I was teaching, so I told her to go to her bed and stay there.  She went, crying, and I continued teaching hoping she would cry herself to sleep.  After a few minutes she stopped crying.  I let more time pass and then decided to go and peek in at her and make sure she was asleep.  I looked in her room and couldn't see her anywhere.  Of course, I immediately looked under her bed, and she wasn't there either.  Giving my piano student another song to play, I started looking in my bedroom and in the family room.  I looked everywhere two times and then I started to get panicky.  I began calling her name, all the while starting to imagine all the crazy, unlikely horrible fates that could have befallen her!  I FINALLY found her - under my bed.  She was completely hidden by our bedskirt.  And she was sound asleep.
Sigh.  

Thanks for the heart attack babe!  I'm glad she was safe and sound, and now I know to just look under any bed around if I've ever lost a sleeping Katelee again.

1 comment:

  1. Funny girl. :) Amanda often wants to sleep somewhere other than her bed, but she hasn't gotten as resourceful as Katelee about it; I might wait awhile before showing Amanda these pictures . . .

    ReplyDelete