Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Day

It's amazing sometimes how many different moods and emotions you can have in one day.

A couple of Wednesdays ago, I had a pretty bad morning. Nothing huge happened, just a lot of little things added up. Blake was feeling miserable because of his reflux. I was out of sorts and running late. I made Katelee cry because I was being so impatient and stressed about getting her to school on time. I started a small kitchen fire while making breakfast, and we had to have cold cereal instead. Shards of glass were all over my kitchen (a result of the little fire). I didn't get a shower. And Blake's doctor's office called to say that his insurance was showing up as being denied.

I wanted to go back to bed and start all over.

Then, a friend who was undoubtedly inspired, called me up to say hello. She asked how I was doing and sincerely wanted to know. So, I told her (while holding back tears) about some of the things that were happening. She came over and sat with Blake while I went to get Katelee from school, so Blake wouldn't have to cry during the whole car ride and Katelee and I could have a moment to talk.

Thank goodness for good friends who listen to the spirit.

Then, Gerald was able to reorganize a few things in his schedule and come home earlier than expected. I put Blake down for his nap, and Gerald was at home studying so I could take Katelee out for some much-needed alone girl time and also get some errands done.

Thank heavens for a supportive and caring husband.

It was a beautiful day, so Katelee and I decided to use our unexpected free time to go miniature golfing. We found a place nearby and enjoyed being the only ones there on a sunny afternoon. We made up our own rules and didn't keep score, and had a marvelous time. We both really needed this alone time together to talk and laugh and have fun, and it was wonderful.
I got to run my errands and get some grocery shopping done, as well, and I ended the day feeling happy and productive.

I know everyone has bad days, and some days are just like that . . . even in Australia.* But, I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me and can turn even the worst of days into days worth remembering.

*If you don't know what this means, you really should go read this book. It's one of my favorites!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day got better! I remember seeing your facebook status that day and wishing there was something I could do for you. I'm glad you had a friend close by that could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like this. Unfortunately, I usually don't know what emotions or situations are causing it. But the Lord is so merciful. I'm grateful He heard the yearnings of your heart and helped everything turn out okay.

    ReplyDelete