Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Making

We always have a lot of fun making Valentines. This year, Katelee and I got crafty, pulling out the paper, paint, ribbons, and markers to make some fun Valentines!
Katelee made some adorable Valentines for her grandparents this year. We decided to send them a 'hug' for Valentine's Day.
On the back of her left hand print, I wrote:
And on the back of the right hand, Katelee wrote her message:
We wanted Blake to get involved in the Valentine making, too. We tried painting his hands. Do you know how HARD it is to unclench those chubby little baby fists? We succeeded in making a mess, and nothing else! Ha ha! So, we changed our minds and went with feet instead! His Valentine's Day cards turned out so precious:
I love them!

Katelee made her own Valentine for Blake:
And while we were at it, we made some decorations for the house. I'll love pulling these out and hanging them up every year!
We made Katelee's class Valentine's, and did this cute idea for her teacher. The card says, "I was 'soapin' for some 'brownie' points! Happy Valentine's Day, Mrs. Nugent! Love, Katelee"But most of all, we made a huge, crafting mess!
That's the cost of creativity, I guess! :)

We wish you all a very happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always in awe with the stuff you do with your kids. Your brain is just wired for crafty things. I'm getting there, but I get a lot of inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in awe with the stuff you do with your kids. Your brain is just wired for crafty things. I'm getting there, but I get a lot of inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete