Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Generous Heart

One of the most amazing things about being a mom is being able to witness the incredible spirits and hearts that our children are born with. As a mom, I think it's easier for us than for anyone else to see what spiritual gifts and talents our children are blessed with. I know I've mentioned this before, but Katelee continually amazes me with how generous she is. If your child has ever come over to play at our house, you know that they can't leave without Katelee giving them one of her toys. Seriously, this happens every single time, without fail.

We had an experience today that reminded me again of how wonderful she is at this. For Valentine's Day, both Gerald and I and my mom bought Katelee the exact same Berenstein Bear book. So, this morning before school we ran a quick errand to Walmart with Blake and Kassandra, and I let her return one of the books. She got to have the $6 gift card to spend as she wished. As we walked over to the toy section, Kassandra saw a display of toys that made her really excited. "I LOVE these things!!" she exclaimed. Katelee went over to look. The toys were $5 each. Katelee picked one up, and I was sure she was going to say she wanted the toy since she admires Kassandra's opinions so much. But instead she said, "I'm going to buy this for Kassandra." And she did. No hesitation, no regrets - she spent her gift card on Kassandra because she wanted to, and she left the store a happy girl.
When I grow up, I want to be more like Katelee. What an inspiration this girl is to me.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a good girl. I'm often impressed and moved by what she does.

    ReplyDelete