Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jean Blanket Photo Shoot - 2 months

When we found out we were expecting Blake, I decided to make matching jean quilts for Blake and for both of his birthparents. Jean quilts are a tradition in my family. EVERYONE in the family has their own jean quilt. I thought jean quilts might be a nice keepsake for Blake, Aurianna, and Jake, and a small way for us to show our love for them.
Also, it's a fun way for them to see how big Blake is growing throughout his life, when we can't always be together!

So, Jake and Auri, at two months old, Blake measures 6 squares long (when he stretches out) and about 1 1/2 squares wide!
His eyes are an amazing bright blue - the color of denim.
Babies! What a wonderful way to start people. ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I've been wanting to make a jean quilt for Patrick for 2 years now. I think I might actually finish it before he's 10... :) What a great way to keep the birth parents connected. You really are thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his favorite aunt gave him that onesie! :)

    ReplyDelete