Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Girl These Days

Katelee seems to be growing up by leaps and bounds these days.

She continues to be a wonderful big sister. The other night, while I was putting her to bed, she said to me:

"Mom, when Blake is two, and he is scared to go to sleep, he can crawl out of his crib and I will take him in my bed and we will cuddle." Awwww. So sweet.

She plays hard and works hard and then crashes hard. From this picture, does anyone else think that maybe I shouldn't have stopped her daily naps??
She is so smart! She is reading very fluently these days, picking up the Friend magazine or chapter books and reading to herself. She has suddenly become a very independent reader, and it warms my heart to peek into her room to see her lying on her bed reading Junie B. Jones. Reminds me of myself.

We've also discovered that she is very good at math. Her teacher has begun homework that introduces addition problems with answers between 0 and 20. I sat down the first day prepared to teach Katelee about how to figure out the problems, as they haven't done anything exactly like this in school before. To my amazement, she can figure out the correct answers quickly and in her head. I'm not sure exactly how she is figuring them out. She just looks at them and tells me the answer. This amazes me because I am usually still counting it out on my fingers. (Yes, I STILL have to count with my fingers sometimes!) Is it normal that she is only in kindergarten and I am already starting to worry that I won't be able to help her with her math homework? :) I DID take AP Calculus and passed the test with a high score once upon a time . . . but it's all like Chinese to me now! ;)

She loves to dress up, as always, and when she had a little extra spending money she chose to spend it on a Davy Crockett hat. Oh, this girl makes me smile!
I love my Katelee Crockett!

No comments:

Post a Comment