Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BIG News. Oh, and the apron, too.

First for the big news: Gerald got a letter in the mail yesterday letting us know he has been accepted to the Masters of Architecture Program at the University of Colorado, Denver.  Which means we are moving to Denver.  Soon.  Maybe within weeks.  We feel so excited, terrified, happy, nervous, anxious, relieved, sad, blessed and worried all at once.  It has been an emotional day, but we do have faith that everything will work out in the end.  If you are looking to buy a house in our area, we now have one for sale!  I'm going to start packing some odds and ends today.  Crazy.  I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down.

And, as promised, here are some pictures of the apron I made for Kat.  Kat, I hope you actually have need of an apron.  Maybe I should have asked that first.  It was really fun for me to make.  Anyway, thanks for sending your mailing address; I'll get this in the mail sometime this week.  I hope you like it!  I was actually really pleased with the way it turned out and I plan to make more of these in the future.  I definitely want to make one for myself!  ;)

 The three fabrics together:



9 comments:

  1. Congrats to Gerald! And, wow, how exciting about the big move!! We are going to be moving to Cedar Hills in a few weeks, and I'm sad that we won't be able to get together after all. Good luck with selling your beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really really really cute! And I'm really really really sad. But happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer and Gerald!! Congratulations! What amazing news!!! You're in our prayers for things to go smoothly for you...we'll pray for the house to sell, too.... what an exciting new chapter for your precious family. Good luck to Gerald and best wishes during this move :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Gerald getting accepted, but so sad that you have to move!! That is crazy that you have to leave so soon! What will you do if you can't sell your house? Also, i love the apron, how much do you charge to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That apron is darling and congratulations, but I'm also so sad to see you go. You will love love Denver! We should talk, I know you were worried about where to live and I may have a few suggestions. I can also give you my parents' number, they would be able to help even more. Anyway, call me when you have a few minutes and congratulations again too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute apron!! I'm so sad that you guys are moving but excited for your family's new adventure. Good luck with it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, congratulations!!! I know exactly how you feel with the quick moves. I think we had about 6 weeks to move, find a house and all that to get to OK and only about 3 weeks notice to get back to UT. Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help...I think we still have lots of boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jennifer!! That apron is absolutely beautiful! I know I already emailed you, but I wanted to post here too -- it looks even better in person. :)

    Congratulations on school!!! That will be so worth it when it's all said and done. We've been pretty blessed to have been in a continual student phase since we've been married, so I can't quite comprehend giving that all up, but you'll be glad you went on for his masters. Good luck with your house!! I hope it defies the recession and fetches a great price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Gerald and Jennifer!! We definitely need to get together before you head to Colorado!!

    ReplyDelete