Thursday, April 16, 2009

Talk, talk, talk, talk

Katelee's talking skills have really exploded over the past couple of months.  She is just talking like crazy!  And it's not baby talk anymore, but such big-girl talking.  Last night Katelee and I were sitting in the hallway together, lying on our backs with our feet up in the air against the wall.  And talking.  Like a real conversation.  For a long time.  We talked about what made her happy that day, about her friends, about her toys, about treats, about silly things we could do with our feet and toes, about books, and about daddy.  She amazes me so much.  Yesterday we ran a few errands at the store.  While the fabric lady was cutting our fabric, Katelee had a long and drawn-out conversation with her about her Barbies; how many she had, their names, what color of dresses they wore, etc.  The we went to the pharmacy and while the worker was ringing up my prescription Katelee talked all about her favorite movie and told the pharmacist every detail she had time to fit in.  Then as we were checking out at the front register, she told the lady all about her Elmo backpack and how she is going to have a big backpack 'in the whole wide world' and wear it to school someday.   I love that she can express herself so eloquently, for a three-year old.  And I am looking forward to many more years of mommy-daughter talks.

1 comment:

  1. I love my silly conversations I have with Isabel and Haydn.

    ReplyDelete