Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Craving Creativity!

So, I have a large sheet (probably about 4 feet by 6 feet) of white beadboard leftover from another project.  (I'll tell you more about that another day.)   I want to use this leftover beadboard for something marvelous, but I'm just not the creative type.  So, I was wondering if any of my blogging friends had any great ideas for how to use beadboard.  I'm especially interested in using some of it in Katelee's room if I can think of a cute way to do it.  I'd love any ideas you have!

2 comments:

  1. Jen- Whatever you choose to do I can't wait to see it! You are so super talented and creative. I am a beadboard fanatic! I love it! I've used it several times: in our CA house, I did a wall in our downstairs bathroom...it brightened up the whole room.. I love even one wall of a room in beadboard. You could use it as a headboard...mount it to the wall (framed out with picture frame trim molding) and hang on wall over her bed. If you have a dresser or armoire you could cut it to fit the flat door fronts and trim it out..super cute. Another project: make or buy a basic trunk or window seat (we have built in window seats in each of the kids rooms here...then I took the bead board and put it around the outside of the window seat box and finished it off with 3/4 round trim. Can you tell I love the stuff? I'm hoping to do wainscotting in our front entry way over the summer...can't wait to see what you do :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen pictures that use the bead board as a mat surrounding the pic and then a frame around that. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete