Sunday, April 12, 2009

An egg-stra rude awakening

Easter Sunday

"We get to go on an egg hunt?  Yay!"

"Look, I found one!"

"I found all the eggs!  I am going to take the eggs up to my room."

"What do you mean I can't take the eggs up to my room?"

Gerald explains, "These eggs are for eating and need to stay downstairs."

Many, many, many tears follow.

"You can't eat the eggs!  You can't eat the eggs!  They need to patch!  They need to patch!"

Katelee, do you mean hatch?

"Yes!  They need to hatch!  You can't eat them!"

More sobbing.

We try to explain that these eggs wouldn't hatch, even if we didn't eat them.  We try to show her that what is inside is not a baby chick.  But it doesn't matter.  Katelee's little heart is broken.

This is the first time I think Katelee realized that some of our food comes from animals, or is an animal.  It was a pretty rude awakening for her, I'm afraid.

On another note, Easter dinner here at our house was loads of fun!  We had almost the entire Reynolds' clan; about 20 people came.  We already miss everyone.  Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I always knew it was a special day when my mom had me sleep in sponge curlers. She looks so cute dressed in her easter best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelee is too cute!! Looks like you all had a fun Easter! Glad you will be having such a good productive week too! If i could just be more productive with my time, that would be nice, oh well, i will try. :)

    ReplyDelete