Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summer Jammies

As you know, I have been really excited about learning to sew.

I have sewn a few very simple things, and did okay, which was encouraging.  So, I got all fired up and decided I was going to make Katelee all her summer pj's.  

It was a lesson in humility. 

Attempting this really showed me how much I do not know about sewing.  

But even though things didn't go as smoothly as I had planned, I had fun.  And Katelee LOVES her jammies!  (She's even been asking to wear them during the day!)  And I figure she is three-years-old and you don't wear jammies out in public (well, usually) so it's okay if they are a little ... um ... less than professional.
 
This one is my favorite, because I'm proud that I did sleeves!  And it is the only one I used from a pattern.  Patterns scare me.  A lot.  Which is why I'm impressed with myself for using one.
This one is Katelee's personal favorite.  She thinks it's a princess dress.  I had some leftover material, so I made her pajama shorts, too, as you can see in the picture.
This one I think is just flat out funny.  Cute, but in a funny way.  Every time I see her wearing it I can't help laughing.
And this is the one piece of fabric I have left.  I've left it until the last because Katelee adores this material, of course, and I want to make sure I do a good job with it.

I might just make another nightgown like her floral one that she loves.  Or do something completely different.  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Oh so cute.
    Have you looked at Tanya's blog today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if she loves that princess dress, then I think that would be great, that will be the one she loves the most. When I see that fabric, I think blanket but it could probably be anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that striped one!!! They are all so cute, though. I'm definately inspired.

    ReplyDelete