Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Artist in the Making

We gave Katelee an art easel for Christmas.  I love this picture of her painting.  Her face looks so intent.  Please focus on her face in this picture and ignore the piles of laundry (clean and folded, just not put away!) and the toys on the floor in the background. 

Now that I'm done drawing attention to my messy house, take a look at her finished painting.



It reminds me a little of Jackson Pollock, the famous abstract painter I learned about in college humanities.  Here is one of his most famous paintings.


You have to admit, they do have a similar technique...
:)

Just for the record, I am not saying that a two-year-old could paint like Jackson Pollock.  
I actually think his stuff is pretty fascinating.  
But I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to pay me thousands of dollars for Katelee's artwork. 

Any buyers?  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment