Monday, February 9, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

Today Katelee said to me, "Mom, the doctors need to feel you better so you have no more sick."

I agree wholeheartedly!

I have been sick now for 10 days, and I am ready to be better!  I am actually doing much better this week than last, but still have a lingering sore throat and cough.

Being sick definitely makes me more grateful for good health, something I take for granted most of the time.    When I am healthy, I can run around with Katelee, kiss Gerald, get together with friends, have play dates, teach piano lessons, go grocery shopping, clean my house, exercise, and cook dinner.  These are all things that I did not do at all last week, and I'm definitely feeling the effects of it.  

Thank goodness for my wonderful husband who takes good care of me and Katelee when I am sick and for good friends who help out, too.   I am so blessed to have such a great support system in my life.  And I am SO happy that I am starting to feel better and get back to normal!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you can share through the internet but I must have what you are getting rid of. We are all taking turns being sick around here and it is no fun! I am glad to here that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete