Friday, February 27, 2009

Flashback Friday


  
  
  
  


Can you believe that this little baby is going to be three-years-old before next Friday?

It breaks my heart to think of it.  
Where has the time gone?

It's one of the greatest ironies of motherhood that the same thing that gives me such joy is also what makes me so sad - watching Katelee grow up.

I love that Katelee is growing into such a wonderful little girl.  It's so much fun to see her discover new things and gain her independence.

But I am so sad to know that her baby days are gone for good.  She'll never be that dependent on me again.  I think the things that I miss the most are cuddling with her (she is definitely NOT a cuddler now - too busy!), feeding her, rocking her to sleep.  I miss pinching her chubby baby legs and cheeks.   I miss that all I had to do to make her belly laugh was hold her close to my face and say, "boo!"  I love that she looked at me and Gerald as if we were the whole world.

It makes me want to not take one second of her life for granted and it makes me want to slow down and enjoy the journey more. 

So I'm going to stop typing this post and go play "pretend" with Katelee.  Because someday I'll look back and miss the days when she was almost three.

No comments:

Post a Comment