Sunday, February 22, 2009

Katelee's Cake Creation

Often when I am working on a cake, I invite Katelee to "help" me.  Usually this means that she gets to play with a little fondant as if it were play-doh or stack up my food coloring bottles in towers.  The other night, however, I actually had some extra cake that didn't fit in my cake, and so I asked Katelee if she wanted to decorate it.  She was SO excited!  She went to town, scurrying around my VERY messy kitchen (I create disasters when I decorate cakes, as you will see in the following pictures) and picking up random items to use in her decorating.  She was so funny; she would pick something up and ask, "Mom, how 'bout this?"  If I told her she could use it, she would carefully find a place for it to go on her cake.  Then she would look at it and say, "Hmmmm...just one more thing."  I think she said that about 50 times!  =)   She was even creative enough to go find her own decorations, such as the piece of licorice she got out of the pantry on her own.  Oh, and she insisted that her cake needed about 4 cups of water poured over it.  It definitely looks moist!  Here are some pictures of her finished creation.  Keep in mind she did this 100% by herself! 

I really love the flagpole/spear effect she accomplished with the wooden dowel topped with an icing tip.  


The toothpick with the coupler sitting on top is another favorite part of mine.

Hard at work.  Cake decorating really takes concentration!

The proud finish!

Way to go, Katelee!  I'm so proud of you and your creativity!

3 comments:

  1. She is such a doll. that is so much fun. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a great mom!!! I want to see a picture of the final cake you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! She is so creative!

    ReplyDelete