Monday, February 23, 2009

The Incredible, Edible Stage

So, here is the cake I was decorating while Katelee was creating her special cake.  A woman in my neighborhood and ward asked me to make a cake for her daughter's 19th birthday.  She told me her daughter liked strawberry cake and that she loved theatre and "all things Broadway." So, this is what I came up with.  If you can't tell, it's supposed to be a stage.  The big yellow thing is a spotlight, and the dots at the front of the stage are supposed to be the small eyeball lights that usually line a stage front.  I think it turned out cute, but I'm still always disappointed with my cakes when they don't turn out perfectly the way I imagined them in my head.  And they never do.  The spotlight needs to be more angled, coming from the top center and slanting over.  And there are places where the fondant doesn't match up perfectly.  But I'm getting a little better each time.

This is a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting, covered in marshmallow fondant.  It smelled yummy, and I hope they enjoy it!  Happy Birthday, Mallory!

These curtains are my favorite part!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! You are crazy for being not 100% happy with it...but at the same time I know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work missy!! It looks AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, how do you get your marshmallow fondant to work? I just tried to make some and it didn't turn out very good at all. Your cake looks great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete