Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter

It's now that time of year when I am officially 
done with winter. 

All morning I have been daydreaming about short sleeves, sprinklers, bike riding, popsicles and lawn chairs.  Aaaaaahhhhhhhh...  So, in order to help beat off the winter blues, I have made a list of things that are nice about wintertime.

1.  Little kids look so squishy and hugable in snow clothes


2.  Outdoor ice skating


3. Hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream (see the evidence on her face)


4.  Delicious hot soups and stews  


5.  And, of course, building a snowman


Still, I can't wait to see my tulips start sprouting up out of my now-frozen ground and the snow melt off the playground equipment...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen,
    Start looking close at your garden. My tulips have broken ground!!! The sight of them have definitely made me wish winter was over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am done with winter too!! I can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your favorite things about winter. What cute photos! My daffodils have started to bloom in Mesa and it is so much fun to watch. We would love to have you come visit for our early spring.
    Love, Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete