Saturday, October 17, 2009

Acting on a Whim

Tonight, while blow-drying Katelee's hair after her bath and pretending that she was at the beauty shop, I had a sudden whim to give her bangs.  I get random whims like this, and then I can't get the idea out of my head until it's a reality.  I wish I wasn't like that . . . usually the results are less-than-perfect due to my impatience.  Anyway, back to Katelee's bangs.  I visualized her with swoopy side bangs, and decided it would be really cute. 

If you know me very well, you also know that I usually don't spend money on something if I can do it myself.  Or if I can kinda do it myself.  Or even if I just imagine I might be able to do it myself.  You get the point.  And since all my relatives with hair-cutting skills live much too far away to satisfy my urgent whim, I decided to cut them myself.  Even though I know nothing about cutting swoopy bangs.  

In the end, they didn't turn out bad (although my hair-cutting skilled relatives might disagree).  They are a little bit too short, but the good thing about hair is that is grows, right?  Here are the pictures of how they turned out, and if any of you have any advice to give me on how to do this better in the future, I'd really appreciate it!

BEFORE: Katelee with no bangs.

AFTER:  Katelee with her new swoopy side bangs!
I couldn't choose just one of her many silly poses, so I put them all in.  Thanks for indulging me!




1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I get the same urges and it's now a joke with andy when he finds hair in the sink, because I usually screw it up. Tee hee! Her bangs, however, I really do LOVE.

    ReplyDelete