Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not a typical cake post

I made this cake for a stake Relief Society activity.  It is tradition here to have a 'cake buffet' following the general RS broadcast.  I was satisfied with the end result as shown above, but I had originally planned to have Gerald drive me so I could hold the cake.  Unfortunately, plans didn't work out as expected and I had to drive myself to the broadcast.  I wrapped it in plastic wrap and drove slowly, trying to hold onto the platter with one hand.  As you can imagine, the attempt was an utter failure!!  The cake tipped over three times before getting it to the church!!  At least it was wrapped in plastic, so it wasn't dirty, but it was certainly not looking pretty.  :) I wish I had had my camera with me to take a picture of the smooshed mess it was!  I debated about even carrying it in the building, but rather throwing it in the trash can and apologizing for not bringing a cake.  But I did carry it in and tried to fix it up.  It did not look good, but at least one side was unscarred, so we put it out anyway.  (At least my name wasn't advertised on it!)  Luckily, the women in my stake were so kind and thoughtful that I didn't even worry about it anymore, and the platter was still completely empty by the end of the night.  At least it still tasted good!  Ha ha ha!  Anyway, this is my first transportation fiasco, and I learned some good lessons from it!

2 comments:

  1. a darling cake pre-transport! How's the new calling going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. How sad. It is such a gorgeous cake. It's too bad people didn't see it in all it's glory.

    ReplyDelete