Saturday, October 17, 2009

Now We Return to our Regularly Scheduled Program

Okay, sorry about the break in the Annual Soup Week!  I wish I had a really good excuse, but the truth is I really didn't *ahem* make anything for my family's dinner *ahem* the last couple of nights.  

So, onward and upward!  Tonight's soup is a hearty beef and vegetable.  I particularly love that this is a crockpot recipe!  Did you know that I love my crockpot?  I try to use it at least once a week!  Throw everything in there in the morning, and ta-da!  A delicious dinner is waiting for you in the evening.  What's not to love?

Hearty Beef and Vegetable Stew
  • 1 1/2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 small onion
  • 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 10 cubes beef bullion, crumbled
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 T. salt
  • 1 T. dried basil
Place beef in a large crock-pot. Pour in water. Stir in onion, tomatoes, mixed veggies and potatoes. Season with bullion, pepper, salt (I personally leave this out), and basil. Cook on low 8 hours. (In a bind, I have also cooked on high for 4-5 hours.  This works, too.)  Serve with warm rolls.  Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! Thanks for all the yummy dinner ideas!

    ReplyDelete