Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Painting

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we did our annual pumpkin painting!  We haven't carved pumpkins since before Katelee was  born, mostly because she is still too young to wield a knife and because Gerald and I really don't like carving pumpkins.  At all.  I hate the mess and the hours it takes, and then the pumpkins don't last very long after they're carved.  Two years ago we first painted our pumpkins, which was a lot of fun.  Last year we used the 'pumpkin tattoos,' which were very cute and very easy!  This year we opted to paint again, and we had a great time!  Katelee kept saying, "This is SO FUN!" Here are a few pictures from our night:

Katelee felt the need to cover every square inch of her pumpkin with paint.  Love it!
A couple of views of Katelee's finished pumpkin:

The first side of my pumpkin that I painted was hideous.  Good thing there was room on my pumpkin for three different paintings - this one will definitely be the back.
Side two . . .
. . . and three.
Everything Gerald does is done with lots of thought and thoroughness.  And I mean everything.  It's one of the things I love best about him.
You can tell who the artist of the family is . . .
All three together.  Katelee was so tickled by the fact that there was a "Daddy pumpkin, mommy pumpkin, and Katelee pumpkin!!"

After painting pumpkins, we enjoyed homemade carmel apples.  Messy, but delicious!
Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Your pumpkins look awesome! Very impressive. I am going to try some of your soup recipes too thanks for posting those, and Katelee's bangs are super cute. You never cease to amaze me Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for the blog invitation. I love all the pictures and recipes and will definitely be trying some of the latter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pumpkins! So we carved ours last week before Nate went out of town and it did take hours and they are already looking pretty sad--and we still have a week and a half to go before Halloween! I thought of you guys a lot that night and how Gerald came to the rescue a couple years ago when Lia almost took the top part of finger off carving pumpkins. Cute cake too, I love it! As for my cooking, I don't know that it was ever that great and lately I can barely manage to get anything on the table, not to mention something good! But thank you, that was very nice of you. I've been meaning to call you and I will soon. But for now, know that I think of you guys a lot and I am glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete