Monday, October 12, 2009

ANNUAL SOUP WEEK

Today is the first day of our Annual Soup Week!  Okay, we've really never done this before, but Gerald and I think it would be a fun tradition to start.  Now that the weather is turning colder, we love to have soup, especially for lunch.  Buying a can of soup at the store is both expensive and less healthy, not to mention that homemade soup tastes better, so we are going to make a big pot of a different favorite soup this week, and freeze the leftovers in single-serving sizes for lunches throughout the winter.  I'll post a picture and recipe of each soup we make this week . . . the problem will be choosing only seven soups!  And now, here is where I ask for YOUR soup recipes!  If you have an amazing soup recipe that you love, please share!  Maybe we'll even showcase it in our annual soup week! =)  

Tonight's soup: creamy clam chowder!  Tune in later for pictures and the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. sounds fun! I don't have many soup recipes, but I felt like chiming in and saying that I LOVE clam chowder. And I mean LOVE! Oooh, especially in a bread bowl. Now I really want clam chowder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book cake you made your more, and the bed time chart. What a great idea Jenn! I hope it works well for you all. :)
    Also, I have a few favorite soup recipes, if you want to try any. Chicken Cheese Chowder, Autumn Soup, and Taco Soup to name a few. Let me know, I'll get you the recipes.

    ReplyDelete