Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tu-tu cute

I've been wanting to try making one of these darling tu-tus for quite awhile now, and finally got around to it!  As everyone knows, Katelee LOVES dressing up, so her main Christmas gift this year is going to be a box of dress-up clothes.  I have been gathering and planning and making things, and it has been so much fun!  This it the latest project I did, and I love how it turned out!  Katelee likes to pretend to be a Ballerina since we started checking out 'Angelina Ballerina' books at the library every week.  I think she is going to love this fluffy tu-tu when she sees it Christmas morning!  My favorite part is the ribbon; doesn't that just add the perfect touch?  Total cost of the project (using my 40% and 50% off coupons and purchasing the supplies over a few weeks) was under $5 - about $4.40.  

If you want to see the online tutorial that I used to make this, check out the link here.  

3 comments:

  1. The Tu-Tu is darling!
    You are so much like your wonderful mother, creative and thrifty. I'm so proud of you.
    Love, Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete