Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Winter Clothes

Katelee is in need of a few more long-sleeved shirts for winter.  My sister, Melissa, gave me this idea and inspired me by doing this to some of her children's clothes.  I love the idea because it's easy and basically free.  

First you take two shirts.  The green one is a shirt that Katelee wore this summer, but it is a bit too short for her.  The pink and white one is from two years ago and is much too small for her now.  So, you cut off the sleeves of the too-little shirt and add them to the short sleeved shirt to make one shirt that actually fits and is long-sleeved and warm for winter.
The end result:
Katelee loves this new shirt.  
This also happens to be the shirt that she lost when we went visiting teaching and she undressed.  She only wore it for about two hours.  It's still lost, and she is still so sad about it!  Me, too, actually.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I hope it gets found!!!That sentence most likely gave you fits, being an English junkie and all. May be I will see how improper I can comment on this. I saw this on a crafting blog and thought it was a great idea. How did the sewing go? It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! Now I'm sad too! What a bummer. It looks fabulous! Every time you try something new like this, it gives me the courage to try too. I bet I'll be doing it to the boys' shirts, if it ever turns cold around here. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete