Friday, July 17, 2009

Flashback Friday

My baptismal day!
May 1989.


What a special day; I only wish I could remember it better.  Here are a few things I do remember:
  • I remember that my mom made me that pink dress specially for the occasion.  I thought I was a princess wearing that dress.
  • I remember that my dad baptized me.  It was comforting going into the font with my dad.
  • I remember my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles being there.
  • I remember other kids from our stake were baptized on the same day.
  • I remember the water was cold.
  • I remember afterwards being in the dressing room with my mom, and she gave me a huge squeeze and said, "You did it!"  I remember being struck with how excited she was.
  • I remember my Grandma Thurston gave me a new watch.
  • I remember feeling really clean and good inside.
  • I remember that I was confirmed a member of the church the next day in Sacrament Meeting.  Because it was Fast Sunday, I also bore my testimony in church by myself for the first time to the surprise of my parents.

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy that you will be moving so soon! Thanks for being such a good friend to me! I appreciate how nice you have been to me, you are an amazing person! Good luck with everything! i am so glad that we have our blogs to stay in touch! Take Care!! We will miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink dress, and I'm amazed at the quality of your memories. Great job then & now. :)

    ReplyDelete