Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Take the Cake

I thought I would share some of the recent cakes I've made, because honestly this is one of the things in life I get the most excited about; it has really become my creative outlet.

This Superman cake I made in May for a friend in our ward who loves Superman.

I made this 'present' cake for my friend and neighbor, Juli, on her birthday.  Can you see how the ribbons on the side are wrinkled and sliding off?  Yes, friends, that is why we do not use store bought frosting.  Lesson learned.  :)  Hopefully it still tasted good, Juli.I made this present cake for my friend Shelly's birthday.  I went simpler and smaller on the bow, and it stayed in place much better.This is the cake I made for our family Father's Day dinner.  Everyone got a kick out of it, especially the kids.

I made this cake last Friday for a 1st Birthday girl!  The birthday girl's mom (Juli) chose the colors and basic design, so I can't take any credit for that.  The jumbo cupcake on the top of the cake was for the birthday girl to smash and enjoy!  The rest of the cake was made from fondant.

And finally, this is the cake I made yesterday for my friend Lisa's birthday.  Lisa loves to sew and loves different colored threads, so this is what I came up with.  It didn't turn out quite as I had imagined it, so in case you can't tell, it's supposed to be a spool of thread.

6 comments:

  1. your cakes are so dang cute. i wish we lived by you so you could make me cute cakes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I could tell it was a spool of thread.
    They are all very cute.
    I love reading your blog.
    Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I really really love your cakes. Thanks for such a fantastic birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh- i wish you lived closer so you could make Sam a cake for his 1st birthday next week! They are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the fathers day cake! And of course the one you made for me, such a great idea and it tastes DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete