Monday, July 6, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Silly

I have a lot of things I want to record, so bear with me!

THE GOOD

RODEO - A week ago we went to the Lehi Days Round-up Rodeo with my parents.  We had a lot of fun; it Katelee's first rodeo, and when we told her where we were going she asked, "What's a rodeo?"  I told her it was where there were horses and bulls and other animals to watch.  She replied, "Oh!  It's a farm!"  So, I explained about it being a show.  "A movie?" she asked.  (I have to get better at explaining things to a three-year-old.)  So then I told her about cowboys and cowgirls, and THEN she got it - and ran upstairs to put on her cowgirl dress up clothes!  She looked so cute in her Jessie outfit and cowgirl hat, although by the time we left she was only wearing the hat part of the costume.

CABIN - We spent some of the 4th of July weekend at the Thurston cabin in Pine Valley with family.  We had a lot of fun riding four-wheelers, playing games, visiting, and BBQ-ing.  I love Pine Valley.

FIREWORKS - Katelee had fun holding the sparklers this 4th of July and we watched the Mesquite fireworks.  They were actually really good!  We also did a few fireworks ourselves and had fun watching my cousin Hunter experiment with his bucket of firecrackers.

GRANDPA & GRANDMA - We spent the Fourth at my parents house, and Katelee loves being with her Grandpa and Grandma so much.  We did a lot of swimming and playing, and had an overall great time.  Uncle Tyler was also there.  It was great to be together and to have so much fun!

BAPTISM - My cousin Aubrey was baptised on the 4th of July.  She is such a cutie!  The baptism was  very special and then we went to their house for a delicious luncheon with all the family afterwards.  It was a wonderful day.  Here's a picture of my two cuties after the baptism.


PROJECTS - My friend Lisa (who is amazing!) took several hours out of her day to teach me how to make this very cool bag.  It was a lot of fun, and I am so glad that she was willing to share her talents with me!  I LOVE the bag, too, I've already used it a ton!


THE BAD

BREAKS - No, you aren't experience de jevu.  I know you've seen pictures of Katelee in a splint altogether to much!  It looks like she might have broken her left wrist.  It happened while we were playing tag in the yard at the cabin.  The doctor wasn't 100% certain about it being a break, so it's just in a splint for now and we'll find out tomorrow if it has to be casted.

DRAMA - Let's just say that the whole house-selling thing is way too much drama for me to deal with.  It's driving me nuts.  I could give you all the details, but suffice it to say that sometimes people are just stingy - one of the other agents is really trying to make our lives difficult and is succeeding.  I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude and remember that as long as my house sells nothing else really matters in the long run.

THE SILLY

Katelee has really been into telling jokes lately.  I think it is really cute since she learned some actual jokes!  If you are interested, here is a video of her telling some of the best from her joke repertoire.  She is so silly!  I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope it is not broken... especially after all of the teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that video had Tyler and Alexis laughing, and now they want to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady,
    I've called you a couple times but it just rings and rings. Do I have the wrong number? Call me. Thank you for the so sweet outfit for Kariah, it's going to look great on her. Thinking of you lots, love the bag. -E

    ReplyDelete