Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Dear John Letter to Winter

Dear Winter,

This morning when I woke up and saw you outside my window, I knew I had to tell you that I think it's time I stopped seeing you.

I want you to know that I appreciate the good times we've had.  I love the coziness you brought to Christmas, and the memories of building a snowman in the backyard.  Sledding was also great.  But I have to share my true feelings with you.  It's just time for you to go.

It's not you, it's me.  Well, maybe a little bit of it is you.  Why do you have to be so gray and cold all the time and shut out all the sunshine?  Not to mention that you literally make me sick. But mostly it's me.  I'm feeling restless and I need a change.  They say the grass is always greener on the other side, but in this case, I think it's true.  I can't even see my grass with you around. 

I want to be completely honest, so I need to tell you that there is someone else.  Spring has been stopping by now and then for the past few weeks, and I think I'm falling in love.  All the sunshine and playing outside and flowers ... it's really hard to resist.  Those are things you just can't offer me. 

We can still be friends.  I wouldn't mind seeing you every now and then, for short periods of time.  Maybe you could stop by for a few weeks next Christmas and we could catch up.  But I just can't handle you being such a big part of my daily life anymore.

I am so sorry if this is hard for you to hear, but I really just need to move on.  I wish you the best.

Love,

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same!! Grrr with this weather! Yes, we are moving to Utah County whenever we find a good house, so maybe we can see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah...I loved it Jenn! Good work! Amen!

    ReplyDelete