Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Highlights

Here are a few things that have made me happy this week:
  • Gerald got a new church calling!  He is now teaching the Valiant 9 primary class with another man from our ward.  He'll be great!  It's his first calling as a primary teacher, and I'm a little jealous that I've never been a primary teacher.  Maybe someday down the road we'll get the chance to do that together!
  • I cleaned out and re-organized my hallway linen closet, as well as under our bathroom sinks today.  This was a project that has needed doing for a long time now; it definitely feels good to have it done!
  • This morning Katelee cuddled in bed with me after waking up and we read stories together. It was so cozy and sweet and wonderful.
  • Harry Potter.  Awhile ago I decided to re-read the Harry Potter series, even though I have read it a few times in the past.  But this was the first time I read all seven books in a row.  I am now on the last book.  It has been so interesting and fun to read all the books in order after already knowing the end.  Seriously These Books Are Brilliant.  I can't believe the tiny hints and clues you find in the very first book or two that relate to things that don't show up until book 6 or 7.  But it's not just the brilliance of how the details are all so interconnected.  I think that Rowling is an amazing writer; her descriptions are incredible and the characters are truly delightful.  I laugh aloud often, and even cry at times.  And the story itself fascinates me every time I read it.  Okay, so sorry about the book review. But if I am making a list of things that made me happy this week, this had to make the list without a doubt!
  • I had a long talk on the phone this afternoon with my sister. (While Katelee was sleeping, of course, because I am supposed to be talking on the phone less, right?) I love talking to her; it made my day!
  • I went visiting teaching. (I know, it's about time, seeing as it is the 31st!) I love the sisters I visit teach. They are amazing and have become some of my best friends, and it is so fun to visit them.
  • My tulips are beginning to poke out of the ground, we flew a kite today with some friends, and general conference is coming up this weekend - all signs that spring is here!

2 comments:

  1. I saw you guys out flying your kites - it looked like a lot of fun! I wanted to stop by and chat, but was on my way to my sisters house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I'm on the 2nd Harry Potter book right now...for the 3rd time. Obsessed much? Yep. You're right, though. I love reading non-fiction, and when I find a fiction book that I LOVE, I end up coming back to it. I know - it really is amazing to read them all in a row and catch everything.

    By the way, I love all of your Katelee quotes. She sounds like such a fun girl!!

    ReplyDelete