Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Talented Husband

I don't say it enough, but I really appreciate Gerald and his many hidden talents. Even though we've been married for seven years, I am still discovering some of those. For example, his ability to make a pinata!  Seriously, I may never buy a pinata again.  Last year we bought one for Katelee's second birthday.  It cost $15 and took about 45 minutes to break - and I think it only broke then because Uncle Jeremy took a golf club to it.

Gerald made this "bad-guy monster" pinata for Katelee's superhero party out of a paper bag and other supplies we had around the house.  (The superheroes were supposed to save the candy from the bad guy.)  I think it looks amazing!  The kids loved it.  And the best part - it was free.  Well, we did buy the candy inside, of course.  Every kid got to hit it twice and then we had Jake, the oldest, hit it a few extra times until it broke.  They loved it.  I'm so glad I have a husband who does stuff like this.  Way to go, honey!

By the way, I'll post pictures of the super hero party soon!

3 comments:

  1. Gerald, will you make me a pinata this year for Jake/Carson's birthdays? :) I absolutely LOVED that pinata! Good work! Also, good work on the super hero girl and the masks! (Much better than I could EVER do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!!! Guess Jen isn't the only one in the family ooooooozzzzzzzzing talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya but can he pat his head and rub his stomach at the same time.

    ReplyDelete