Sunday, March 22, 2009

Practice Makes . . . Well, Better


I can't say the wedding cake turned out perfect, because I'm starting to believe that there is no such thing as a perfect cake. But, I was really happy with it overall. It was much, much, much easier and prettier than the 'practice' one I made for Gerald's birthday party. There were a few minor mishaps.  Like when we had a small freak accident, and some heavy photo albums fell on the already frosted and fondant-covered cake...aaaacckkkk!  There was a good half-inch deep dent in a couple places on the cake.  It was amazing how easy it was to fix, though.  You could hardly see but a little line after I worked out the dent, and I put a few dots over it and put it in the back.  Phew!  We also had kids that couldn't resist the temptation to touch the cake, both the night before when I was setting it up and at the wedding.  (Katelee was innocent this time - not like when I was making Gerald's birthday cake and she walked right up and helped herself to a bite!)  But it survived the kids, too, and it was actually pretty funny!  I mean seriously, what a temptation a big cake like this must be to a little kid - especially the big dots on the bottom layer.  The kids just had to walk up and take one to sample!  So funny!
   
The photographer took some professional pictures that I will post when I get ahold of them, but here are some I snapped just for now.  





More pictures of the wedding to come...

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! Just imagine the cake you'll make for Bailey's wedding after 15 more years of practice!!! :) We have missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great!! Are you back in town yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome cake! you're amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow jen! it turned out beautiful! can't wait to do the twins birthday cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Good job. I am impressed, as always, by your many talents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are very talented!! Good work lady. We missed you yesterday at church. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jenn! I am MUY impressed! But, when am I not? Right? You amaze me! Good work! It looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! The cake looks beautiful. Amazing job, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete