Monday, March 23, 2009

Feelin' Blue

I'm feeling sad today.  It's just one of those down, feeling blue days, you know?  It might be because of the weather - I told you I was going to cry if I came home to find snow covering my lawn still.  Not only is there snow covering my lawn, but it has been grey and snowing all day long.  Or maybe it's just getting back to normal after the excitement and busyness of the past ten days.  Some of it is definitely the fact that yet another month of fertility treatment has failed, not to mention all the hormones that come along with that.  In fact, I am really heartbroken about this because my doctor has said that this month was our last try.  If this particular treatment hasn't worked by now, it's not going to.  So, we will meet and discuss our options, but I am thinking most of them are going to be extravagantly out of our price range.  But I might be wrong, we'll have to see about that.  It could also be the fact that today we received our third letter back from one of the graduate schools we applied to, and it was our third 'no.'  I still have hope we will get into one of the other four we applied to.  But still, it has just been one of those days.  I'm sure it's nothing that an ice cream cone, an episode of The Office, and a long night's sleep can't cure.  So we are going to leave now and go out for ice cream for our family night activity.  Here we come, Maggie Moos!

4 comments:

  1. I hate those days. Sorry things aren't going your way. Your cake turned out beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had one of those days. Hang in there-it always gets better. Heavenly Father knows what the plan for our families are and it always works out. I truly believe that! It's always easier in hindsight however. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are having a rough day! I wish I were close to come give you a hug and try to cheer you up! I pray that you will receive the comfort you need today!

    Once again your cake was beautiful and it was so fun to see you! Hopefully we can get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry Jenn! I hope you are feeling better! Please let me know if ther eis anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete